Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chili con Carne

Hey pals!

Had a swirling day today. From the office following up my student's transcript, editing her typing work, collecting Thai recipes from my friend that I can test cook for my family when I get home, going to and from the bank, and at last home. Huh! such a tiring day.

Here I am trying to boost my mood to be in here. I'm actually doing last minute stuff since I WILL BE GOING HOME SOOON! Really don't know how to load things I wanna bring home to my family, to think that I have already sent one package ahead of me, still I am loaded w/stuff.....Oh Good Lord.....no excess baggage please. Peng mak!

Since I will be away for two weeks I won't be able to update this blog for sometime. Don't worry I am leaving you with this great and easy recipe which you and your family will enjoy indulging with. By the way somebody was requesting for a copy of this recipe when I prepared this last Christmas. C-Blog for you

Ingredients:

1 kg of red kidney beans
1 kg of ground beef
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 medium size canned tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 pcs bay leaves
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper


Directions:

Wash kidney beans with water and soak overnight. Drain and transfer to a large saucepan, cover with water, let it boil and simmer for an hour or until tender but not overcooked. Set aside

In a large pan,heat olive oil, saute onion, red and green pepper and ground beef. When beef turns brown add tomatoes and tomato paste and the rest of the seasonings. Cover for 1 hour and add water if necessary. Stir occasionaly to prevent from sticking. Add the boiled kidney beans and simmer for another 15 minutes. 

Can be served with plain rice or Nachos.

No comments:

Post a Comment